top of page



Apply for an FSA ID

Apply for an FSA ID. Your ID will enable you to “sign” documents  electronically, access your Student Aid Report (SAR) online and make corrections to your FAFSA through the web. Both the parent and student must each apply for an FSA ID, using separate email addresses. If you have applied for aid in past years, you can reuse your FSA ID.


Submit the FAFSA

You should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. The FAFSA is used by all schools to determine your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and your eligibility for federal and state aid, including subsidized student loans. Most colleges also use the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for institutional aid.
The FAFSA must be filed for every year the student is in school. Submit your FAFSA online at A FAFSA requires a signature from both a parent and the student applicant. To sign the online application, you must use your FSA ID (see Step 1).

There is no fee involved in filing the FAFSA and all families are encouraged to apply regardless of their family circumstances.


Review your Student Aid Report

After filing the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Correct any mistakes online by logging into your student aid account.

The EFC information from on your SAR will be sent to the financial aid office to CURE as you indicated on your FAFSA form. CURE then takes that amount and subtracts the EFC from their total cost of attendance. That figure is your family's demonstrated financial need for CURE.


Apply for loans, if necessary

CURE may include federal student loans on your award letter. If these loans are not listed on your award letter, you still may be eligible to borrow. To accept your federal loan awards, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note.

If you decide to take out a private student or a state-based student loan, you will need to select a lender.

bottom of page